Doctor?


as I was driving my car, suddenly the definition of doctor come across my mind. Teacher comes from the words teach, nurse comes from words nursing. 

Somehow, this makes me wonder? what is the origin words of doctor. Does it have specific definition that really represent the words. So, I look up to my crush, Mr. Google.. and tadaaa

doc·tor
Origin
Middle English (in the senses ‘learned person’ and ‘Doctor of the Church’): via Old French from Latindoctor ‘teacher’ (from docere ‘teach’).


and now I know. Thank you Google. It comes from latin words, teach, teacher. I love the part where the doctor actually was define as learned person. I do hope I carry the tittle as a teacher and learned person. 

see ya







Popular posts from this blog

Thermodynamics in PF

Collected pearl and gem from ilmfest2014

Wanita sembahyang di masjid